Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Each year the Student Success Center plays host to many weddings. There is a $2,250 fee which covers the Building Rental, including bridal and groom suites, a building attendant for the duration of your event, and set-up of tables and chairs (furnished by SSC). You will have your choice of either President's Suites A/B/C/D or Press Rooms A/B. The Rental Fee also ensures there will not be any other events scheduled in the building on the day of your wedding. While we provide tables and chairs, the Student Success Center does NOT provide linens.
The facility event manager is available to help coordinate all events, and can be reached at 404-385-3495.
** Please Note: As our building is the West leg of Bobby Dodd Stadium, any weddings that are scheduled during the upcoming football season may have to be rescheduled if it is discovered that the reservation falls on a game day**
- We encourage using free standing and table top decorations.
- No Confetti or Glitter is allowed in this venue
- You may only use masking tape or painters tape to stick things to our walls.
- No use of staples, nails, tacks or any other forms of tape or adhesive can be used on our walls. (Adhesive nametags are discouraged)
- Nothing can be taped, hung and or stuck to our ceilings or air walls/ tracks.
- All our permanent building Artwork must remain.
- All candles must receive prior approval
- If using our ice machines, please, bring an ice container and a scooper (Festival Level does not have an Ice Machine)
**All set ups are final on the day of the event. No moving of the furniture is allowed without prior approval**
Our kitchens are equipped with an ice machine (bring scooper and container for ice), refrigerator, and double sink with garbage disposal & trash can. Caterers or clients must remove all trash from their event with our assistance. We provide trash bags.
Per the Georgia Tech Campus Catering Policy, if you do not exceed $300 dollars you are permitted to bring in food from the licensed food service provider of your choice. If the $300 limit is exceeded you will be required to use one of Georgia Tech's 12 approved caterers. We do not provide linens at any time.
**No HOMEMADE Food is allowed to be served at our facility due to liability issues**
Yes, our projectors come with speakers and a cord to hook up to your laptops.**
**Our projectors are PC based; Mac converters are required.
- Express Meal: Round tables that seat (8) people, along with 6' tables for Food and Beverage.
- Theater: Chairs lined in a row.
- Reception: Networking/Mingling event with Highboy tables and 6' tables for Food and Beverage.
- Classroom: 6’ tables in rows with (3) chairs per table.
- Plated Meal: Same as our Express Meal setup, without buffet tables.
- Open/Closed U: 6’ tables set in an Open or Closed "U" shape with (3) chairs per table.
To load-in go to GATE 1 of Bobby Dodd Stadium, located off North Avenue. Go towards the White Gate and park off to the side. Walk through the open gate to the first elevator on the left and up to your designated floor. Once loading is complete, you must move your vehicle to the proper parking lot. If gate/elevator is locked, please go to the front entrance and ask the building attendant at the front desk to unlock them.
We are located off of North Avenue. NW, and attached to Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Football Stadium. The building is located on the west side of the stadium.
Set up and clean up times vary depending upon the number of events in house on any given day. This information is located within your reservation confirmation.
Invoices will be sent via email, along with the event confirmation, to the individual responsible for the submitting the reservation request. Payment should be made no later than three business days prior to your event. Acceptable methods of payment are Check, Credit Card, and PeopleSoft Transfers(for GT groups ONLY). To pay by Check please include the reservation number and make checks payable to Georgia Tech - Student Success Center. To pay by Credit Card please Click Here. You will need the Reservation Number & Last Name of the person listed on the reservation. To pay via PeopleSoft Transfer (GT Groups ONLY), please respond to the Invoice with the appropriate PeopleSoft number to be charged.
Student Organizations, Institute Departments, and Non-Institute Organizations can reserve Audio/Visual equipment for use in the Student Success Center facilities. To view more detail regarding our available A/V options, please visit the A/V Equipment page. Equipment should be requested at the same time Space Reservations are requested. It is the responsibility of the user to maintain proper care and security of all equipment during use. Failure to do so will result in a replacement fee.